CScript.exe UnSpecified Error 0x80004005 RRS feed

• Question

• In attempting to install Office Communications Server 2007 I get this Error error 0x80004005 (Unspecified Error) occured while excuting command 'c:\windows\system32\CScript.exe'.  Then it rollsback the instalation file and Dispays another error on the log Failure
    [0xC3EC796A] MSI installation was unsuccessful. Please check the log file for more information.

The logfile is no help.  The obvious is not the problem.  I have rebooted my server, I am logged on as Administrator.  I have all write premissions Cscript.exe functions fine in Commnad prompt. Disableing IIS doesn't work.  Reinstalling .net framework 2.0 doesnot do anything.  Calling Microsoft did not help after paying for one hour of tech support I was not able to get a solution.  Those of you who have had success, Congratulations.  Maybe this thing just won't run on SBS 2003 R2.  I am walking away now before I break something.  Someone please help....

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 11:14 PM

All replies

• I have seen others having problems installing on SBS server.

SBS has a Domain Controller and OCS on Domain Controller is not supported, so I think you won't find any support on this.

Thursday, August 14, 2008 9:18 AM