locked
High CPU usage: microsoft.crm.tools.emailagent.exe, dwwin.exe and dw20.exe RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello,

    I am currently monitoring the performance of a brand new CRM 2011 server, and I have noticed the following under Task Manager:

    • microsoft.crm.tools.emailagent.exe is taking about 30% of CPU usage
    • There are a lot of DWWIN.EXE and DW20.EXE processes running on the server. I have no idea why!?

    Any idea on how to sort this out?

    Regards.

    P.


    MCC, MCT, MCP, MCTS
    If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful". If I helped you with an answer to a question then please "Mark As Answer".

    Friday, May 18, 2012 12:03 PM

Answers

  • I found out that the URL for the deployment was reflecting an old URL for the server. But I have recently changed the DNS, Deployment URL, registry, host header etc to simply http://crm.

    As soon as I updated the Deployment URL in the Email Router Configuration Manager, all of the problems specified above just went away :)

    Well, except that now SQL server has a high CPU utilization... :)


    MCC, MCT, MCP, MCTS
    If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful". If I helped you with an answer to a question then please "Mark As Answer".

    • Marked as answer by pmdci Friday, May 18, 2012 12:29 PM
    Friday, May 18, 2012 12:29 PM

All replies

  • Hi,

    A quick fix is: you can restart the email router service and it should release the memory.


    Ashish Mahajan, CRM Developer, CSG (Melbourne)
    My Personal Website: http://www.ashishmahajan.com
    My Blogs: http://ashishmahajancrm.blogspot.com.au and http://ashishmahajancrm.wordpress.com
    My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ashishmahajanmscrm

    My Linkedin: View Ashish Mahajan's profile on LinkedIn
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/ashishmahajan74

    Friday, May 18, 2012 12:18 PM
  • Hi,

    I guess, your email router service must have stalled. You may try restarting the service, it will release the memory and limits CPU usage.


    Cheers, Francis Edwin

    My Blog: http://astutecrm.wordpress.com

    Twitter: https://twitter.com/astutecrm


    • Edited by Edwin2win Friday, May 18, 2012 12:29 PM
    Friday, May 18, 2012 12:28 PM
  • I found out that the URL for the deployment was reflecting an old URL for the server. But I have recently changed the DNS, Deployment URL, registry, host header etc to simply http://crm.

    As soon as I updated the Deployment URL in the Email Router Configuration Manager, all of the problems specified above just went away :)

    Well, except that now SQL server has a high CPU utilization... :)


    MCC, MCT, MCP, MCTS
    If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful". If I helped you with an answer to a question then please "Mark As Answer".

    • Marked as answer by pmdci Friday, May 18, 2012 12:29 PM
    Friday, May 18, 2012 12:29 PM
  • Thank you pmdci,

    We figured out that despite our URL was good, we couldn't load  the accounts to test our preproduction environment (email router is configured for two environments).

    the login was wrong on the preproduction and when we published the changes, it went back to normal.

    Regards.

    Wednesday, March 27, 2013 9:49 AM