none
My status change to pass from fail after 40 days. Microsoft Exam 74-409 Score RRS feed

• Question

• Microsoft update 74-409 exam.

My status change to pass from fail after 40 days..

Recived below email. is this possible ?

Dear Valued Customer,

You recently took Microsoft Exam 74-409: Server Virtualization with Windows Server Hyper-V and System Center. After close evaluation of the exam, we have made some revisions that resulted in a change to your exam results. We are pleased to inform you that your status has been changed to ‘PASS’. This update will be reflected in your official transcript within two weeks. A new score report will be mailed to you within two weeks.

Thank you for taking this exam and for your support of our program.

Sunday, February 23, 2014 7:34 PM

Answers

• Yes its possible, but its also possible that its a scam trying to entice you to provide information that could be used for identity theft.  I would wait a couple weeks and then check your transcript on the MCP site.  If the exam shows then it was for real.  If it doesn't then it was probably a fake message.

The reason it might be for real could be that someone challenged the clarity of one of the questions in their comments and Microsoft decided after looking into it that some question was misleading.  This might have lead them to accept more than one answer or to throw the question out.  That could have modified your score in some way and promoted you above the Pass line.  It is possible, but not likely.

Paul Stork SharePoint Server MVP
    Principal Architect: Blue Chip Consulting Group
    Blog: http://dontpapanic.com/blog
    Twitter: Follow @pstork
    Please remember to mark your question as "answered" if this solves your problem.

Sunday, February 23, 2014 11:18 PM

All replies

• Yes its possible, but its also possible that its a scam trying to entice you to provide information that could be used for identity theft.  I would wait a couple weeks and then check your transcript on the MCP site.  If the exam shows then it was for real.  If it doesn't then it was probably a fake message.

The reason it might be for real could be that someone challenged the clarity of one of the questions in their comments and Microsoft decided after looking into it that some question was misleading.  This might have lead them to accept more than one answer or to throw the question out.  That could have modified your score in some way and promoted you above the Pass line.  It is possible, but not likely.

Paul Stork SharePoint Server MVP
    Principal Architect: Blue Chip Consulting Group
    Blog: http://dontpapanic.com/blog
    Twitter: Follow @pstork
    Please remember to mark your question as "answered" if this solves your problem.

Sunday, February 23, 2014 11:18 PM
  • This seems to be a legit email. I checked my transcript after recieving the email. I totally passed. It was wicked.

Good for you too :)

Microsoft put all the email addresses in the To: box though, so I scrolled through a thousand names on my iphone before I saw the news

• Edited by SimonPewPew Monday, February 24, 2014 5:29 AM
    Monday, February 24, 2014 5:28 AM
  • What happens if you don't receive any mail, but on your scoring report it shows pass. But on your dashboard status, it shows fail. What should you do?

Tuesday, September 22, 2015 8:55 PM