none
Unread filter is not working properly RRS feed

• Question

• When I select the checkbox to filter the unread posts, still I see the posts which I already read and to which I also replied. Am I missing something here

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 9:16 AM

Answers

All replies

• It will list threads that have new posts that you have not read. It does not matter whether you've previously read that thread or replied to it.

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 9:55 AM
  • I was the last person to reply to the thread and still I see it with filter enabled
    Wednesday, December 19, 2012 10:16 AM
  • In that case it's a bug. Or perhaps server lag. Either way, I can't repro it.

Edit. Correction. I can repro it. This very thread is visible with the unread checkbox checked even though I just replied to it.

Edit 2. Not visible on the unread list anymore. Server lag? Possibly a bug in replying to a thread with unread checkbox checked.

• Edited by sipla Wednesday, December 19, 2012 10:39 AM
    Wednesday, December 19, 2012 10:34 AM
  • I reported the same bug also. I got it every time when I reply in a thread - it will stay in my unread threads forever unless I open it again.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 2:01 PM
  • Naomi's right. It's a known issue to the Forums product team. I submitted it as a bug request.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 8:02 PM