WHS reinstall failing due to WDS RRS feed

• Question

• I had RAM go bad on me last week and I have been trying to do a server reinstall since then (after replacing the RAM, of course). I've tried twice so far (it seems to take about 12 hours to get to the failure point). The problem seems to be WDS. The failure seems to be here, during the Finalizing setup stage (progress shown at 50%):

[ds] Configure WDS 3.0.
    [ds] Stopping the wsearch service
    [ds] Starting the wsearch service
    ERROR: Could not start the service (0x8007041D)

What recourse do I have?
    Tuesday, March 10, 2009 3:43 PM

Answers

• Looks like I might have solved the problem. I installed the network drivers and installed WDS 4.0 manually, rebooted and managed to continue. Not sure which of the two actions was key, but I suspect the fact that the network driver was missing.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009 5:26 AM

All replies

• Looks like I might have solved the problem. I installed the network drivers and installed WDS 4.0 manually, rebooted and managed to continue. Not sure which of the two actions was key, but I suspect the fact that the network driver was missing.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009 5:26 AM
  • Hi,
    glad that you was able to solve it. The missing network drivers should not play a role here (since I had several setups leaving a custom server with no network drivers installed after completion).
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Wednesday, March 11, 2009 7:37 AM
  • Hmmm - others say it *was*the NIC - I had this thread going on too....

Wednesday, March 11, 2009 7:50 AM
  • GeekRaver said:

Hmmm - others say it *was*the NIC - I had this thread going on too....

Drashna at We Got Served is incorrect. My test server requires a NIC driver to be installed after I finish setup. But nothing bad happens if I don't supply it, except that I don't have access to my network.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Wednesday, March 11, 2009 12:25 PM