Windows Vista overrides my attempt to install a valid XP Professional RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am attempting to install an XP Professional valid OS into a computer which currently has a Vista Home Premium. I cannot use the latter because the password to run this system is unknown. I have a valid XP Disc as stated to install but it is totally ignoring this on the CD when placed and actioned on the CD drive. Why? I have looked at the boot sequence and altered the primary sequence to the CD drive. It makes no difference. Why cannot I install this O?

Please contact me on       nigelmiles@hotmail.com     for a speedy response please.

• Edited by Tamarman Wednesday, September 3, 2014 12:14 PM
    • Moved by Noel D PatonEditor Thursday, September 4, 2014 9:22 AM Not WGA/MGA-related
    Wednesday, September 3, 2014 12:11 PM

Answers

All replies

• Please repost your inquiry in the more appropriate Windows XP Installation Forum.  Thank you!

Carey Frisch

Wednesday, September 3, 2014 2:57 PM
    Answerer
  • Also, remember that XP is past end of life, so you will not get security patches....

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Thursday, September 4, 2014 8:37 PM