Integration with Office Mobile RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed Live Mesh Mobile 0.9.3424.6 on my AT&T Tilt.  I have sync my files and folders locally to my phone.  Everything works great.  A few questions regarding integration with Office Mobile:

1) How do I tell Word Mobile to look at "\Storage Card\Live Folders\Foobar"?  Word Mobile only seems to look at top level folders.

I can use File Explorer to open my files but...

2) How do I create a new Word Mobile document and have it sync'ed to the mesh? 

Again Word Mobile can only save to top level folders.  So now it is very inconvenient as I need to save the document, move it, then open it again.

3) What are the files with strange characters that are in "\Storage Card\" after synching with the mesh?  They are also pretty big (a few are bigger than 1GB and taking up a lot of my SD card space).

Hopefully these will be resolved by release 1.0, I like it a lot so far, great work.

Friday, October 31, 2008 11:13 PM

Answers

• Currently, I don't think Windows Mobile has that ability.

My suggestion is to add the "My Documents" folder on your SD Card or in Main Memory to your mesh.   Or you can create a sub-directory under "My Documents" on your WM device and sync that to your mesh.  If done right, you can completely replace the file syncronization feature from Activesync/WMDC.
    • Marked as answer by vinhant Wednesday, November 12, 2008 8:50 PM
    Monday, November 10, 2008 5:16 AM

All replies

• Currently, I don't think Windows Mobile has that ability.

My suggestion is to add the "My Documents" folder on your SD Card or in Main Memory to your mesh.   Or you can create a sub-directory under "My Documents" on your WM device and sync that to your mesh.  If done right, you can completely replace the file syncronization feature from Activesync/WMDC.
    • Marked as answer by vinhant Wednesday, November 12, 2008 8:50 PM
    Monday, November 10, 2008 5:16 AM
  • Thanks Chris your suggestion kinda works... It's more of a Word Mobile limitation.  It just refuses to save anything to a folder deeper than one directory after "Storage Card" or "Main Memory".  So I can save something to "StorageCard/My Documents" but not "StorageCard/My Documents/Subfolder".  Oh well...

• Edited by vinhant Wednesday, November 12, 2008 8:58 PM
    Wednesday, November 12, 2008 8:54 PM
  • There is a utility called File Dialog Changer by Nagamidori (a cab file) which is free. Load it up and you can save office docs in any folder no matter how deep
    • Proposed as answer by donzx6 Thursday, November 13, 2008 1:43 PM
    Thursday, November 13, 2008 1:43 PM