vista home premium had to be revalidated by phone after dowloading microsoft updates RRS feed

• Question

• I had to phone microsoft today to revalidate two differnt computers after downloading microsoft updates. On both occasions Vista decided it was a pirate copy and would not load up. This happend to genuine validatated software that had worked for 4months on one PC  and 1 month  on the 2nd PC up untill today. I suspect a lot of other computer users will have had the same problem today,  I had to talk to a customer advisor to revalidate Vista as the Product keys were both deamed invalid. neither computer has had any hardware changes, and the only software changes was the microsoft updates.
    wmac
    Saturday, October 13, 2007 9:20 PM

Answers

• NOTE: Locking Thread

Each person with an issue please post it in your Own thread. By posting a "I have the same issue" posts into other peoples threads only confuse the issue as most "I have the same issue" are not, in fact, the same issue.

Thank you,

Darin Smith

WGA Forum Manager

Monday, October 15, 2007 11:35 PM

All replies

• Hello Wmac,

I am having the same problem you faced some days back and its presently affecting four computers that hold important data,please what do i do and what number can i call to rectify this stuff???? you can reply to my email  thanks alot Wale

Sunday, October 14, 2007 3:49 PM
  • I, too, am having the same problem.  Purchased my laptop in April, problems past few days, rebotted last night & now can't get on.  States 'You may be a victim of sorftware counterfeiting'  Please post the number to call.  Otherwise I will have to use someone elses computer to read my e-mail.

Thanks

Dot

Sunday, October 14, 2007 10:15 PM
  • Likewise, I have the same issue as well. all attempts to type in "slui 4" or variations do not lead to any options for phone contact, so I would like to know how to arrive at the number necessary to call in my validation, as it seems that is what I must do. Is there a general number, or are they limited by location (I'd think that doubtfull outside of country, and I am in the US). My email is on my profile as well. Though come to think of it, is there any reason the number couldn't be posted here? I imagine that a validation number for windows vista would be relatively useless for anybody not trying to verify windows vista.
    Sunday, October 14, 2007 10:23 PM
  • Please visit http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;931573 and download & install the recommended update.  Restart your computer and visit http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/ and click on Validate Windows.

Monday, October 15, 2007 4:45 PM
  • NOTE: Locking Thread

Each person with an issue please post it in your Own thread. By posting a "I have the same issue" posts into other peoples threads only confuse the issue as most "I have the same issue" are not, in fact, the same issue.

Thank you,

Darin Smith

WGA Forum Manager

Monday, October 15, 2007 11:35 PM