Money Plus Premium RRS feed

• Question

• Money was working well till yesterday. When I tried opening the file it was saying that it was not closed porperly and needs to be checked. After I figured out how to disengage the live ID I did a succesfull standard file repair. Now trying to open the repaired file it says Money has encountered an error and needs to be closed.

Error signature  appName msmoney.exe  AppVer 17.00.1414 ModName: mnyopb99.dll

offset 0026f659

Any idea how I can get this fixed?

Saturday, March 31, 2012 1:54 AM

All replies

• You might mean mnyob99.dll.

1. Copy your *.mny and *.mbf files to other media, such as a USB flash drive, in case something fails.

2. By default, Money Plus keeps your four latest backup files that include the time and date as part of the filename. So it may be that there was a problem, and the latest backup file contains that problem.

Close Money.  In Windows Explorer, browse to your folder that has your backup files. Double-click on the second-newest backup file (*.mbf). That will open Money and start the restore dialog. If you have hope of fixing your current *.mny file, (as low as that hope may be), you can choose a new name for the restored file.

3. If the problem persists, it may require an installation of Money with Money Plus Sunset. As a test, I would copy sample.mny from your C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money Plus folder to your Documents folder. Open that file. If that fails, there is a problem with the installation. Check back before installing.

Saturday, March 31, 2012 6:54 PM
  • Thanks for info. Yes I did mean mnyob99.dll.

I have differnet money files, they all work only my personal one somehow got messed up and gives above message.

I checked with Windows Explorer but could not find any 4 backup files, I must have taken out this option.

Are there any other suggetions left?

Saturday, March 31, 2012 11:02 PM
  • Sounds bad.

Did you do your scheduled backup to a USB flash drive or other media maybe?

Did you get a new hard drive and maybe clone the old one, so the old drive in your drawer has a copy of your Money file?

On your repair of your Money file, did you try both level 1, and level 2 standard repairs? Try taking one repaired file and repair that with the other level. Then take that  file and repair it with the first level again. So level 2, level 1, and level 2 again.

You might try Agent Ransack (odd name, but nice searcher) to search your drives for *.mbf files.

Sorry the prospect looks bleak, but these things are worth a try.

Sunday, April 1, 2012 5:11 AM