Windows Media Center Integration to enable use of Media Center Extenders from WHS alone RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have already found a couple of entries on this but one is closed to contributions and the other has been hijacked by those that want their WHS to control an army of robots around the house.

Quite simply we need to persuade MS that integrating MCE on WHS will improve the mass appeal of WHS to XBOX (and other extender) users and therefore bring more unit sales.

If you are reading this post please add a comment (and any additional benefits) to show MS it is worth doing.

Pros:
    One central hub saving electricity and the environment.
    One central hub saving storage space.
    User friendly interface meaning that EVERYONE will like using WHS not just those that are accustomed to searching for their media through file paths.
    Visual representation of media rather than just filenames
    Genuine competition to other hub/extender products in the market.
    Improved family appeal of XBOX 360.
    No need for doubling processing requirements by using Virtual Machine.

Cons:
    More work for MS!

Please add to get this noticed!!
    • Changed type joewalch Thursday, June 25, 2009 11:42 AM
    Thursday, June 25, 2009 11:42 AM

All replies

• Microsoft has asked (repeatedly) that product suggestions be submitted on Connect . That's the only way they will make it into the team's tracking databases. So you might want to head over there to see if there are suggestions you agree with, and to submit one or more yourself if there aren't.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Thursday, June 25, 2009 12:03 PM