none
Home Server ISO RRS feed

• Question

• I have had Home Server OEM since early this year.  I'm about to reinstall the server to replace the Main drive (C:).  I have seen several postings referring to downloading the "latest" ISO for Home Server.  Is such a thing available and how do I get it?  Thanks
    Saturday, November 1, 2008 7:05 PM

Answers

• OldTimerPete said:

I have had Home Server OEM since early this year.  I'm about to reinstall the server to replace the Main drive (C:).  I have seen several postings referring to downloading the "latest" ISO for Home Server.  Is such a thing available and how do I get it?  Thanks

I'm not sure what you mean by the the "latest iso".  Where did you see those posts?  You might be referring to the OEM Media Refresh (which now includes Power Pack 1 on the DVD).  But there is no reason for you to purchase another license just for that because PP1 is an automatic update for WHS.
    • Marked as answer by OldTimerPete Saturday, November 1, 2008 7:25 PM
    Saturday, November 1, 2008 7:11 PM

All replies

• OldTimerPete said:

I have had Home Server OEM since early this year.  I'm about to reinstall the server to replace the Main drive (C:).  I have seen several postings referring to downloading the "latest" ISO for Home Server.  Is such a thing available and how do I get it?  Thanks

I'm not sure what you mean by the the "latest iso".  Where did you see those posts?  You might be referring to the OEM Media Refresh (which now includes Power Pack 1 on the DVD).  But there is no reason for you to purchase another license just for that because PP1 is an automatic update for WHS.
    • Marked as answer by OldTimerPete Saturday, November 1, 2008 7:25 PM
    Saturday, November 1, 2008 7:11 PM
  • It could be that you're referring to the Restore CD, which is for the Clients. This has had an update, and there is an ISO download for that.
    However, at present, your existing version of WHS is the correct one, but don't forget it will need all the updates applied after installation.

Colin

If anyone answers your query successfully, please mark it as 'Helpful', to guide other users.
    Saturday, November 1, 2008 7:14 PM
  • Thank you for your quick response.  I saw the comments in the Beta testers forum - they were probably old comments.  I have PP1 and use automatic updates so I'm sure I'll be fine; I was just checking to be sure.
    Saturday, November 1, 2008 7:29 PM
  • I was thinking about this the other day..  Is there a way to get a copy of a PP1 WHS if you have the original?  Didn't they change a few subtle things that you don't get with the automatic updates?
    athlon 3400, 2gb ram, 9 drives totaling about 3.5 tbs.
    Sunday, November 2, 2008 9:08 AM
  • Enchanter said:

I was thinking about this the other day..  Is there a way to get a copy of a PP1 WHS if you have the original?

Of course.  You can drop another $150.00 US for it.  :)

Enchanter said:

Didn't they change a few subtle things that you don't get with the automatic updates?

Nope.

Enchanter said:

athlon 3400, 2gb ram, 9 drives totaling about 3.5 tbs.

Sunday, November 2, 2008 2:23 PM