CRM 3.0 Workflow assembly send email to more than one user RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I was asked to send an email notification of an account when some fields where updated, but the problem is that the FROM of the email couldn´t be the owner of the account, the workflow manager didn´t let us choose the FROM so I had to create a workflow assembly.

I was developing the new workflow assembly for CRM 3.0 based on this
    example and found a problem. After the implementation I wanted to indicate on the TO field more than one user but the configuration doesn´t allow to add more than one recipient.

Is this a limitation or I can specify this on the code?

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,
    Jessica
    Wednesday, July 29, 2009 4:46 PM

Answers

• The problem is that the code is designed to only take a single recipient in the parm list.  You could modify the code to allow multiple recipients in the parameters and then populate the additional recipientids in the code.
    Matt, MVP - Dynamics CRM
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Friday, July 31, 2009 8:38 PM
    Thursday, July 30, 2009 5:39 PM

All replies

• Hi,

In 4.0 you could use activityparty list. In 3.0 there is a sort of workaround for it - you can separate emails with semicolons and add them to the addressused property as follows:

email.to = new activityparty();
    to.addressused = "user1@domain.com; user2@domain.com";
    email.to = new activityparty[] { to };

You can read more on activityparty in CRM 3.0 here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa680147.aspx

I hope that helps,
    Kuba

-- Kuba Skałbania, Netwise
    Thursday, July 30, 2009 12:09 PM
  • The problem is that the code is designed to only take a single recipient in the parm list.  You could modify the code to allow multiple recipients in the parameters and then populate the additional recipientids in the code.
    Matt, MVP - Dynamics CRM
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Friday, July 31, 2009 8:38 PM
    Thursday, July 30, 2009 5:39 PM