none
Metagen is skipped sometimes complaining because all output files are up-to-date with respect to the input files

General discussion

• Hi,

In one of my dll (VS2010), the process Skipping target "MetaGen" because all output files are up-to-date with respect to the input files.

it is at  random.  I have checked the time stamps of the dll and metagen.write.1.tlog both having the time stamp on the failed build.  But all files in release folder did not have the same time.  They are one hour earlier than the dll and the  metagen.write.1.tlog.

On the good build  it said the input file is is newer than output file ".\Release\\metagen.write.1.tlog" and allfiles in the release folder have same time stamp.

Any clue to solve this ?

Regards,

Wednesday, December 03, 2014 2:00 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on your post, I am not very clear about your issue. I feel your issue is out of support range of VS General Question forum which mainly discusses the usage of Visual Studio IDE such as WPF & SL designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System and Visual Studio Editor.

Could you please provide us more information so that we resolve your issue better?

1. What type of project are you working with? C++ MFC project?
    2. How was the metagen.write.1.tlog file generated in your project?
    3. What error messages did you get?
    4. What is the 'input file'?

If possible, please provide us a sample project to reproduce your issue.

Thanks,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, December 04, 2014 8:00 AM
  • Hi R.S.Eswari,

If you have some news about your issue and any information to my reply, please feel free to come back.

Thanks,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, December 08, 2014 7:32 AM