none
Microsoft Community Contributor tag RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Do we need to do anything to get the Microsoft Community Contributor tag next to our name? I do see it for other people but I don't see it next to my name. I got this award a couple of days ago. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Wednesday, June 1, 2011 7:00 PM

Answers

• It will take up to a month to be displayed properly, assuming you accepted the award.

BTW, I'm finding it a bit strange to never receive this award myself.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog
    Wednesday, June 1, 2011 8:34 PM

All replies

• It will take up to a month to be displayed properly, assuming you accepted the award.

BTW, I'm finding it a bit strange to never receive this award myself.

My blog
    Wednesday, June 1, 2011 8:34 PM
  • I think you deserve more than most of the folks here.

Are you checking the email that you use when signing in?

Wednesday, June 1, 2011 8:39 PM
  • My main e-mail is gmail. For this forum I used my hotmail account and I check it periodically - I see nothing.

My blog
    Wednesday, June 1, 2011 8:43 PM
  • That's strange. May be your are all set for MVP? Because MVPs don't get this..... :)
    Wednesday, June 1, 2011 8:59 PM
  • > May be your are all set for MVP? Because MVPs don't get this..... :)

That's not the reason.

What will happen is that if a M Comm. Contr. award holder becomes an MVP he/she will immediately lose his M. Comm. Contr. award.

MVPs aren't allowed to work for Microsoft so the day an MVP starts working for MS is his/her first day that he/she isn't an MVP. That's how it's been for years. So it will be the same here with the M. Comm. Contr. too.

On the other hand it may be that they think why bother to upgrade someone - the M. Comm. Contr. award scheme costs them a fraction of what the MVP award costs them, so if they are getting all the forum support they want why waste that money.

---------------------------

Note too that saying you think you should be an MVP meant that you didn't become one. The guy who said in this thread that he thought he ought to be a M. Comm Contr. ought to think about deleting his post here.

Mike Walsh (MVP 2002-2010; M. Comm Contr. 2010 - ?)

SP 2010 "FAQ" (mainly useful links): http://wssv4faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    WSS3/MOSS FAQ (FAQ and Links) http://wssv3faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    Both also have links to extensive book lists and to (free) on-line chapters
    Friday, June 3, 2011 2:38 PM