Server 2008 Security RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have noted that there are Server 2000/2003 Certs in Security such as MCSA Security and MCSE Security.

I am currently finsihing off my MCITP Server 2008 Enterprise but cannot find a further path to Security.

Is there an MCITP Server 2008 Security or Equivalent?

Many thanks for your help,

Jarad, Brisbane Australia
    Sunday, March 21, 2010 3:04 AM

Answers

• Hi,

No, there are no MCTS or MCITP Security Certificates, nor are there AFAIK any plans to create one.

The opinion of MSL seems to be that this does not fits in the new Job role based certification structure,
    of cause this means they fail to recognise that security officer etc. is a actual job role in most lager organisations.

Rob.

• Proposed as answer by rhagman Sunday, March 21, 2010 10:07 PM
    • Marked as answer by GrumpyBum Monday, March 22, 2010 5:14 AM
    Sunday, March 21, 2010 9:39 PM
  • In my understanding, security topics/questions are embedded with regular Server 2008 exams.

Rubel Khan - MY BLOG!
    If your question was truly answered, please mark it as Answered and Vote as helpful. Thank you in advance.
    Monday, March 22, 2010 5:12 AM
  • Hi All,

I have found this, it is better than nothing - http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/Exam.aspx?ID=70-699&Locale=en-us#tab1

Still operates on Server 2003 but covers current Security issues.

Thanks for your feedback and assistance.

• Marked as answer by GrumpyBum Monday, March 22, 2010 5:53 AM
    Monday, March 22, 2010 5:53 AM

All replies

• Hi,

No, there are no MCTS or MCITP Security Certificates, nor are there AFAIK any plans to create one.

The opinion of MSL seems to be that this does not fits in the new Job role based certification structure,
    of cause this means they fail to recognise that security officer etc. is a actual job role in most lager organisations.

Rob.

• Proposed as answer by rhagman Sunday, March 21, 2010 10:07 PM
    Sunday, March 21, 2010 9:39 PM
  • "No, there are no MCTS or MCITP Security Certificates, nor are there AFAIK any plans to create one."

There has got to be something, Security is one of the most important parts of all IT Corporate Infrastructure.

However, I cannot find anything for Server 2008 Security Certification.

The best I can find is this, http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?ID=70-557

But it does not add up to be enough.

If any one knows of any credentials it will be a great help, thanks.

Monday, March 22, 2010 4:03 AM
  • In my understanding, security topics/questions are embedded with regular Server 2008 exams.

Rubel Khan - MY BLOG!
    If your question was truly answered, please mark it as Answered and Vote as helpful. Thank you in advance.
    Monday, March 22, 2010 5:12 AM
  • Hi All,

I have found this, it is better than nothing - http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/Exam.aspx?ID=70-699&Locale=en-us#tab1

Still operates on Server 2003 but covers current Security issues.

Thanks for your feedback and assistance.

• Marked as answer by GrumpyBum Monday, March 22, 2010 5:53 AM
    Monday, March 22, 2010 5:53 AM