Certification Questions (MCDST, MCSA, MCSE) RRS feed

• Question

• I am going to take my 70-271 next Friday, about how many questions are on the exam? I am hoping to take the 70-272 two weeks after that.  Once I do that then I want to do the 290 a month later then 291 a month after that for my MCSA.

Once I have completed a cert, how long does it take to show up on my transcript?

Also why is the MCDST accepted as an elective on the MCSA, but not the MCSE?

Whew....I am winded :-)  Thanks in advance for the responses, your help/ impute is appreciated.
    Thursday, February 25, 2010 1:05 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I would seriously look at NOT following the path you are taking. MCSE and MCSE are server 2000/2003 certs and these technologies are nearing the end of their support life. You should perhaps look at MCITP - Enterprise Administrator. Yes its a few more exams but your elective is also an elective for this, and you also get server certs start rolling in quicker. A lot of the stuff in the server 2008 certs is backwards compatible anyway...

about 2 weeks.

MCP, MCDST, MCTS x 5, MCITP x 2

Please don't forget to mark this post as an answer if it is the solution to your problem!

If you like trance music, please listen to my radio show, by subscribing to the Trancendance Podcast, or by listening to the show as it airs on the third Wednesday of every month at 4pm (London Time)on www.slinky.fm

View my MCP Certifications
    • Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Friday, March 5, 2010 1:46 PM
    Thursday, February 25, 2010 11:25 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I would seriously look at NOT following the path you are taking. MCSE and MCSE are server 2000/2003 certs and these technologies are nearing the end of their support life. You should perhaps look at MCITP - Enterprise Administrator. Yes its a few more exams but your elective is also an elective for this, and you also get server certs start rolling in quicker. A lot of the stuff in the server 2008 certs is backwards compatible anyway...

about 2 weeks.

MCP, MCDST, MCTS x 5, MCITP x 2

Please don't forget to mark this post as an answer if it is the solution to your problem!

If you like trance music, please listen to my radio show, by subscribing to the Trancendance Podcast, or by listening to the show as it airs on the third Wednesday of every month at 4pm (London Time)on www.slinky.fm

View my MCP Certifications
    • Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Friday, March 5, 2010 1:46 PM
    Thursday, February 25, 2010 11:25 AM
  • Problem is my company wants me to follow 2003 until I complete it. We only run 2003.  As soon as I finish up that track I will go 2008.

So it takes 2 weeks to show up on transcript? Geez....
    Thursday, February 25, 2010 8:07 PM