none
can code clone analysis tool help to find out duplicate codes in two sets of codes set A and Set B ?

Question

• We are software consultants operating from Mumbai, India. We would like to compare two sets of software program source codes  set A and Set B  developed under ASP.net and C# by different set of developers. As consultants, we have been asked to find out duplicity of codes in set A and set B by our clients. Is there any tool available from Microsoft to find out this duplicity?. Can visual studio code clone analysis tool can help in any way, or it can be used only for visual basic applications?. Kindly understand that I do not want to find out the repetition of the codes in either set A or set B, but we want to compare the source codes of set A and Set B.

Your immediate revert would be highly appreciated.

• Moved by Just KarlModerator Thursday, December 31, 2015 2:57 PM Looking for the correct forum.
    Thursday, December 31, 2015 7:34 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

The TechNet Wiki Discussion Forum is a place for the TechNet Wiki Community to engage, question, organize, debate, help, influence and foster the TechNet Wiki content, platform and Community.

Please note that this forum exists to discuss TechNet Wiki as a technology/application.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the Where is the forum for... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Thursday, December 31, 2015 2:52 PM
  • Hello,

You might ask in the Visual Studio General Questions forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Thursday, December 31, 2015 2:57 PM
  • Or since it is asp.net you might also try over here.

http://forums.asp.net/37.aspx/1?C+

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Thursday, December 31, 2015 3:03 PM