WHS Daily Crash RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hiya,

I'll start by saying I'm no expert with WHS so any advice given would help immensely. I know enough to have installed it and with some guidance from others set up remote access etc etc.

The problem I'm having and to be honest have been having since I first started with WHS is that it crashes at least once daily. It used to be around 2-3am which I thought could have been down to clients backing up or a similar event around this time. I've now moved anti virus scanning and client backups to early evening. The WHS crashes now anywhere between 4am and 8am.

The crashing doesnt really cause me any disruption as it fires back up, I just get an email saying theres an error then it clears a few minutes later. I've gone through event viewer on the WHS and the only info I can find is that 'windows re started from a bug check' and an error code. I've tried downloaded the software to look at the dump file, which in honesty is probably going past the limit of my knowledge and is best left alone.

Can anyone ppoint me in the right direction? Obviously it crahses for a reason that is probably best fixed so any help much appreciated.

"The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000009c (0x00000004, 0x808917a0, 0xb2000010, 0x00010c0f). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP."

Many Thanks In Advance

Regards,

Dave

Sunday, October 16, 2011 10:25 AM

All replies

• This may get you going in the right direction.  Most likely, it is a hardware error.

--

BullDawg
    In God We Trust

Hiya,

I'll start by saying I'm no expert with WHS so any advice given would help immensely. I know enough to have installed it and with some guidance from others set up remote access etc etc.

The problem I'm having and to be honest have been having since I first started with WHS is that it crashes at least once daily. It used to be around 2-3am which I thought could have been down to clients backing up or a similar event around this time. I've now moved anti virus scanning and client backups to early evening. The WHS crashes now anywhere between 4am and 8am.

The crashing doesnt really cause me any disruption as it fires back up, I just get an email saying theres an error then it clears a few minutes later. I've gone through event viewer on the WHS and the only info I can find is that 'windows re started from a bug check' and an error code. I've tried downloaded the software to look at the dump file, which in honesty is probably going past the limit of my knowledge and is best left alone.

Can anyone ppoint me in the right direction? Obviously it crahses for a reason that is probably best fixed so any help much appreciated.

"The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000009c (0x00000004, 0x808917a0, 0xb2000010, 0x00010c0f). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP."

Many Thanks In Advance

Regards,

Dave

BullDawg
    Sunday, October 16, 2011 1:50 PM