Can email "recipient" or "sender" be displayed as a column in an Activity View within CRM? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Folks,

Anyone know if I can add the "recipeint" for an email we send (Or the "sender" from an email we've received) to an Activity view?  We have columns for the email subject and dates, but no recipient/sender information.  A column for this would be great.

Thanks,

MS

Monday, October 14, 2013 9:05 PM

Answers

• You can add fields that are common to all activities to an Activity View. Sender/Recipient info is not available for some of activities like Task and is not maintained in the Activities entity. This is why you are unable to add the email From/To fields on the activity views. However, you will be able to add this info to email related views.

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

Monday, October 14, 2013 9:22 PM

All replies

• You can add fields that are common to all activities to an Activity View. Sender/Recipient info is not available for some of activities like Task and is not maintained in the Activities entity. This is why you are unable to add the email From/To fields on the activity views. However, you will be able to add this info to email related views.

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

Monday, October 14, 2013 9:22 PM
  • As mentioned by Imran as well that Sender\ Recipient is Email specific information. Hence can't be added on Activities view. But you can add it in Email view.

OOB Email view "All Emails" already have this information.

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 9:51 AM