Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007, stolen laptops, please help RRS feed

• Question

• I recently had 2 laptops stolen from a break-in at home.  I had the above mentioned program downloaded and installed on those computers, they were not OEM or loaded from a disk.  I still have the email confirmation and product keys saved.  Can I re-download the programs on the 2 new laptops I purchased and activate it using the product key / activation key?  I also have a police report and copies of the s/n's of the computers that were stolen for proof of the theft.  Thank you for your time.
    Sunday, February 13, 2011 7:33 PM

Answers

• "medhead964" wrote in message news:ef5d2c4a-ed57-42e1-a943-f559ba11ae00...
    I recently had 2 laptops stolen from a break-in at home.  I had the above mentioned program downloaded and installed on those computers, they were not OEM or loaded from a disk.  I still have the email confirmation and product keys saved.  Can I re-download the programs on the 2 new laptops I purchased and activate it using the product key / activation key?  I also have a police report and copies of the s/n's of the computers that were stolen for proof of the theft.  Thank you for your time.

That should be fine - it may also flag the old installs as non-genuine eventually.
    If you have problems activating them, use the phone activation, and explain the problem to the operator (ay be good policy to do so anyhow) - they can then put things right in the records.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, February 17, 2011 12:33 AM
    Sunday, February 13, 2011 8:13 PM

All replies

• "medhead964" wrote in message news:ef5d2c4a-ed57-42e1-a943-f559ba11ae00...
    I recently had 2 laptops stolen from a break-in at home.  I had the above mentioned program downloaded and installed on those computers, they were not OEM or loaded from a disk.  I still have the email confirmation and product keys saved.  Can I re-download the programs on the 2 new laptops I purchased and activate it using the product key / activation key?  I also have a police report and copies of the s/n's of the computers that were stolen for proof of the theft.  Thank you for your time.

That should be fine - it may also flag the old installs as non-genuine eventually.
    If you have problems activating them, use the phone activation, and explain the problem to the operator (ay be good policy to do so anyhow) - they can then put things right in the records.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, February 17, 2011 12:33 AM
    Sunday, February 13, 2011 8:13 PM
  • Thank you for the quick reply, I just need to get the programs re-downloaded.  Thank you again.
    Thursday, February 17, 2011 1:37 AM