Cdrom drive missing RRS feed

• Question

• my cdrom drive is missing, how do I locate or reinstall it....fix it center only reports it missing, which I knew, but does not fix it

Saturday, September 17, 2011 12:35 PM

All replies

• power down and unplug power. while you are touching metal inside the case to reassure you are not statically charged, check to make sure the cable is fully engaged to the main board and the rom drive. If it is, replace the cable.

Thursday, September 29, 2011 10:52 PM
  • you can go into your device manager and  look for your cd/dvd list dbl click it or right click it go to properties then the driver,click uninstall then exit it and turn your computer off then turn it back on windows should detect your driver and install the drive for you ,also i had run the fixit center for mine when my drive was missing also the letter was missing fixit found it and fixed it ,if you havent run it try to run it,if it is saying that the drive is missing it should have the option to fix it,  are you logged in as administrator? if not log in as administrator you can also right click the fixit if you have icon for it i put it on my desk top and clcik  run as administrator it will apply fixes for you if you click fix it for me or apply needed fixes,hope you get your drive working
    Ellen
    Friday, September 30, 2011 12:40 AM