Critical Error: One or More Hard Disks in Server Backup are Not connected RRS feed

• General discussion

• I began receiving the following critical error: "One or More Hard Disks in Server Backup are Not connected" after transferring my WHS 2011 installation from one ATOM based motherboard to another ATOM based board by moving the system, data and backup drives to the new system and installing the appropriate network drivers.

Currently I have disabled Server Backup but I am still receiving the error. (I also disabled, enabled and re-disabled without effect). wbadmin does not seem to offer any tools for identifying the unconnected disk.  I have not been able to find much about this error on the web though I saw this post on Technet that did not lead to a resolution.  I am hoping that someone here might be able to point me in the right direction.

-wellread

• Changed type Sean Zhu - Monday, June 18, 2012 7:04 AM
    Wednesday, June 13, 2012 5:46 PM

All replies

• FYI:  I had to move on so I am doing a fresh install of WHS2011.  If anyone learns what the root cause of this kind of error I still would be interested in learning about it.

-wellread01

Friday, June 15, 2012 5:36 PM