CRM 4 Outlook 2007 Client Opening CRM Records In A New Window IE 7 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a user that is on Vista with Office 2007 and IE 7; when they open a record in Outlook with the CRM Client they get a whole new window instead of the normal popup for that record. If they have IE open then a new tab is opened and when they save and close the record then IE completely tries to shutdown. I went through the settings in IE and they seem to be correct; am I missing something? Any help is appreciated.

Friday, April 9, 2010 4:12 PM

Answers

• I ran a few tests and regardless of the settings, when I open a CRM record like Account, Contact, etc., the record opens in a new IE Window.  This occurred even when I did not run CRM in Application Mode.  I think this might be default behavior and I am not aware of a way to change it. 

I am interested to know if someone has found the setting that opens a CRM record from the CRM OUtlook client in a Tab on the currently opened IE browser because I had one user who asked for the same behavior.  Thank you

Regards, Donna

Windows Live Blog

Wednesday, April 21, 2010 4:00 PM

All replies

• Resetting the IE should be a possible fix.

Cheers, Edwin
    Monday, April 12, 2010 5:52 AM
  • Resetting the IE should be a possible fix.

Cheers, Edwin

Thank you for your reply. I checked all the settings in IE and there is nothing in the settings that I could find that was incorrect; is there something specific I should be looking at in IE?
    Monday, April 12, 2010 4:06 PM
  • Check to see if you have any IE Add-Ons, if so disable everything...

Reset IE to its default settings, restart IE and try again.

Hope this will help

Thanks

Cheers, Edwin
    Tuesday, April 13, 2010 7:24 AM
  • Check to see if you have any IE Add-Ons, if so disable everything...

Reset IE to its default settings, restart IE and try again.

Hope this will help

Thanks

Cheers, Edwin

There are no addins and the settings match a working system; I may just have the user uninstall the CRM client and reinstall it.
    Tuesday, April 13, 2010 12:35 PM
  • If you enable tabbed browsing in Internet Explorer, it displays CRM records in a tabbed window. Disabling the Tab Browsing property in IE open's the records as a popup but you will lose the default tabbed browsing functionality even while browsing or surfing the web.
    Best Regards,
    Gagandeep Singh
    http://mscrmnovice.blogspot.com
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Thursday, April 15, 2010 3:41 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by oasisaplus Thursday, April 15, 2010 8:18 PM
    Thursday, April 15, 2010 11:29 AM
  • If you enable tabbed browsing in Internet Explorer, it displays CRM records in a tabbed window. Disabling the Tab Browsing property in IE open's the records as a popup but you will lose the default tabbed browsing functionality even while browsing or surfing the web.
    Best Regards,
    Gagandeep Singh

Thank you for this post. The tabbed browsing is an important feature and I would like to avoid disableing it if I can. On my system I have tabbed browsing enabled and CRM works as expected (in its own window not a tab) and other users of our CRM are setup the same way with out issues.

• Edited by oasisaplus Thursday, April 15, 2010 8:26 PM Re-Worded
    Thursday, April 15, 2010 8:20 PM
    Best Regards,
    Gagandeep Singh

Thank you for this post. The tabbed browsing is an important feature and I would like to avoid disableing it if I can. On my system I have tabbed browsing enabled and CRM works as expected (in its own window not a tab) and other users of our CRM are setup the same way with out issues.

Hi,

I just disabled the tabbed browsing and the record still opens in a new full IE window.

Friday, April 16, 2010 6:18 PM
  • Do you a have CRM set to run in Application mode?
    MSCRM Bing'd - http://bingsoft.wordpress.com
    Friday, April 16, 2010 7:25 PM
  • I ran a few tests and regardless of the settings, when I open a CRM record like Account, Contact, etc., the record opens in a new IE Window.  This occurred even when I did not run CRM in Application Mode.  I think this might be default behavior and I am not aware of a way to change it. 

I am interested to know if someone has found the setting that opens a CRM record from the CRM OUtlook client in a Tab on the currently opened IE browser because I had one user who asked for the same behavior.  Thank you

Regards, Donna

Windows Live Blog

Wednesday, April 21, 2010 4:00 PM