Create Stored Procedures for N Tier Synchronization RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am using N Tier synchronization from Demo III for my windows mobile application. Until now I have been able to create stored procedures required for incremental and server inserts/update and deletes. However I now have around 50 tables that are to be synchronized. Is it possible to generate these stored procedures using designer in Visual Studio?

Thanks

Apurv
    • Moved by Hengzhe Li Friday, April 22, 2011 7:56 AM (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Friday, October 17, 2008 5:39 PM

Answers

•  

No. SP's on server has to be manually created and configured. CE doesnt support Stored procs so the client provider will always use TSQL queries.

Friday, October 17, 2008 6:07 PM

All replies

•  

No. SP's on server has to be manually created and configured. CE doesnt support Stored procs so the client provider will always use TSQL queries.

Friday, October 17, 2008 6:07 PM
  • Thank you. I am using web service as the middle tier and so I have created stored procedures for the incremental and server insert/delete and updates.

Appreciate your help
    Friday, October 17, 2008 6:11 PM
  • Hi,

Does this mean that these required stored procs wont even be auto generated by Visual Studio's sync designer?
    Meaning that in the above case he would have to write 50 sets of incremental updates, inserts and delete stored procs to enable these tables to be sync'd?
    And, the number of stored procs increases if you are importing schema from server to client or if you are looking at an upload/bidirectional sync scenario.

Thanks,

Sidharth
    Thursday, October 30, 2008 4:42 PM
  • Unfortunately, the SyncDesigner does not support stored proc generation today although it is one of our top requests.  I will forward this on to the team who owns the designer.  I have heard of folks parsing apart the xml files used by the sync designer in an effort to pull out the commands and use them to generate stored procedures although this is not the intended use caseSmile.  Unfortunately I do not have any sample code that demonstrates this technique.  Thank you for your feedback.

Sean Kelley

Program Manager

Microsoft

Monday, November 3, 2008 6:27 PM