Windows update has stopped working RRS feed

• Question

• Not exactly sure when this started however I think a few weeks ago but Windows Update refuses to run properly on my HP EX470 WHS. It is a very clean install with PP1 (non BETA) and everything works great except for the fact that I am not able to fetch and apply updates via Windows Update. I am a software developer by trade and have verified Trusted Zone settings, etc. In the past I have reinstalled WHS to get around pre PP1 issues, etc. but don't want to do this again...

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
    Wednesday, March 25, 2009 2:40 PM

All replies

• CAC90 said:

Not exactly sure when this started however I think a few weeks ago but Windows Update refuses to run properly on my HP EX470 WHS. It is a very clean install with PP1 (non BETA) and everything works great except for the fact that I am not able to fetch and apply updates via Windows Update. I am a software developer by trade and have verified Trusted Zone settings, etc. In the past I have reinstalled WHS to get around pre PP1 issues, etc. but don't want to do this again...

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Are you running Windows Update via a RDP session into the server or from within the Windows Home Server console?
    Lara Jones [MSFT] | Program Manager
    Community Support and Beta | Windows Home Server Team
    Windows Home Server Team Blog
    Connect Windows Home Server
    Windows Home Server
    Wednesday, March 25, 2009 3:17 PM
  • Both...

If I run within the console it says there are roughly 14 available updates including PP2. The status bar indicator moves along and then it says that none of the available updates were installed. If I try to run direct via RDP session I have noticed that it doesn't even work at all. IE apparently is hung or something. I have tried lowering the browser trust level, etc.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 3:38 PM
  • CAC90 said:

Both...

If I run within the console it says there are roughly 14 available updates including PP2. The status bar indicator moves along and then it says that none of the available updates were installed. If I try to run direct via RDP session I have noticed that it doesn't even work at all. IE apparently is hung or something. I have tried lowering the browser trust level, etc.

Rebooting/Stopping and starting the Automatic Updates service has no effect I take it? If not, please contact me at whsforum@microsoft.com.

Thanks
    Lara Jones [MSFT] | Program Manager
    Community Support and Beta | Windows Home Server Team
    Windows Home Server Team Blog
    Connect Windows Home Server
    Windows Home Server
    Wednesday, March 25, 2009 6:52 PM