Automate CRM 2013 Outlook Plugin for Citrix | Server-Side Synchronisation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all.

1. Outlook Plugin
      We are deploying the Outlook plugin in Citrix (XenDesktop 7.1). Unfortunately, it takes a long time on first setup to run through the plugin setup wizard and hammers the server CPU. set this so it is already set for a user? Admittedly, I'm not a great fan of this as it tends to bloat Outlook and consume resources, but we will need to use this to track e-mails into CRM where the e-mail address does not exist (i.e. a new lead, etc.) - unless Server-Side Synchronisation can do this?

2. Server-Side Synchronisation
      Is it possible to use this for tracking e-mails by dragging the e-mail into a mailbox which is a queue in CRM? Has anyone else got the SSS working properly so this will happen? We are also having difficulties in getting the SSS working for tasks and appointments too, as these are failing for syncing from CRM to Outlook. I fear this may be a bug in 2013.

Thanks in advance. Any tips or advice on the above would be greatly welcomed.

Neal

Thursday, February 6, 2014 6:04 PM