When will you release the updated WHS w/ PP3 integrated ISO to MSDN? RRS feed

• Question

• Well, it's been several weeks now since you introduced the updated PP3 integrated Windows Home Server image for free download for trial over Microsoft Downloads. As advertised widely, emphasized in the official page, http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/windowshomeserver/eval.mspx , I'd wonder when will the PP3 integrated image be released to MSDN?

It would be terrific to see an updated WHS at MSDN, just like those major OS.
    Thursday, December 10, 2009 3:07 AM

Answers

• I think, you should ask this question to the operators of MSDN instead of this place here, where unfortunately nobody can give you an adequate answer.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    • Marked as answer by Templand Friday, December 11, 2009 2:02 PM
    Friday, December 11, 2009 9:19 AM

All replies

• The trial download is a time limited version of the OS. Even if a product key was available, it would still time out after 120 days. The MSDN download is separate, as it's not time limited.

I've called this question to Microsoft's attention...

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Thursday, December 10, 2009 2:45 PM
  • Aware of those differences, I think it an easy cake for Microsoft genius to make a good MSDN type image for WHS with PP3 integrated, so that we can start deploying this wonderful OS way faster than before.

Thursday, December 10, 2009 3:27 PM
  • Aware of those differences, I think it an easy cake for Microsoft genius to make a good MSDN type image for WHS with PP3 integrated, so that we can start deploying this wonderful OS way faster than before.

Note that software on MSDN is for development only, and likewise software available on Technet. In neither case is deployment in a production environment permitted; this is per the agreement you signed/clicked through when you subscribed.

In addition, MSDN/Technet is more complex than the trial download because there are product keys involved.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Thursday, December 10, 2009 4:14 PM
  • The question I had was similar but I have a licensed WHS(Not MSDN/TechNet) and when I rebuild it would be nice to start out with a new install that has PP3 included.

I saw the trial with PP3 included and was wondering if it could be "Licensed" with my purchased key. It seems like a lot of work to get into a trial do all the work and like it and then have to start over if you purchase it.

Don
    Thursday, December 10, 2009 11:14 PM
  • @Ken Warren  

Hey man, you konw what. Stop lecturing people every time you reply. I KNEW all that you rambled here.

All I was asking is a very simple question wondering if there is a set date for such image to emerge on MSDN.

I just mentioned "deploying", which doesn't necessarily mean I will use it in production enviroment.

Been a veteran MSDN subscriber, I know what I should know and I know I should show basic respect towards people raising questions.

Just because there are many people like you enjoyed lecturing everywhere in this forum, I don't really like to post questions here or even browse the forum, which is flooded with tons of words that make rare sense...

No real offence to you in person, but the way you construct words is not that friendly.

And about your mentioning of the "complex" project. I'm no expert on OS, but I found it farily easy. I got it done about a month ago, which only consists of replacing certain files with others. However, I'm clear that this cannot be viewed as legitimate.

That's why I hope there will be an official integrated image available on MSDN, something I believe lots of developpers are keen to own.

• Edited by Templand Friday, December 11, 2009 2:02 PM
    Friday, December 11, 2009 5:26 AM
  • I think, you should ask this question to the operators of MSDN instead of this place here, where unfortunately nobody can give you an adequate answer.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    • Marked as answer by Templand Friday, December 11, 2009 2:02 PM
    Friday, December 11, 2009 9:19 AM