Multiple instances of SERVER in my Vista x64 Network view RRS feed

• Question

• On my Vista Ultimate x64 box I see SERVER listed multiple times in Network.  Why?  All other systems are listed once, but SERVER (WHS) is listed eight times total.  One has the category of computer and I am able to browse the shares from this one.  One is labeled SERVER:1:Windows Media Connect.  I'm not sure i understand the 1, but otherwise I get this one.  The other six have the catigory of "Other Devices".  Anyone else see this?  Should I log it as a bug?

Friday, March 9, 2007 10:48 PM

Answers

• I see multiple instances of the server also on my Vista Ultimate (32 bit) I assummed they are different serviced that the server was offering.... media connect, server, etc.
    Wednesday, March 14, 2007 1:17 PM

All replies

• are you getting this after a clean install of WHS or have you done some tinkering, ive just finished installing WHS and on my vista ultimate x64 its showing two instances, one as a server and the other as a computer
    Saturday, March 10, 2007 1:05 AM
  • No tinkering... It was a clean install.  It's been running for a few weeks now.  I don't use that Vista box all that often and rarely open Network/My Network Place.  I typically use the UNC path.
    Saturday, March 10, 2007 1:42 AM
  • I just installed WHS last night, haven't added the connector to any pc's yet.

I am seeing 6 instances of Server (as a server) and 1 instance of Server (as a pc) in Vista Network view also. It's a little weird.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007 12:16 PM
  • I see multiple instances of the server also on my Vista Ultimate (32 bit) I assummed they are different serviced that the server was offering.... media connect, server, etc.
    Wednesday, March 14, 2007 1:17 PM