Have another demo Live OneCare when I have a paid subscription RRS feed

• Question

• I had to restore my system, which required restoring it to when I purchased it 3 years ago.  I couldn't find the option to re-install Live OneCare to the same computer I have it subscribed to.  I now have a demo of Live OneCare that is counting down the days for when it will expire.  My computer has the same IP address... why didn't OneCare recognize this and reinstall a current, paid subscription on same computer?  I looked and looked and looked for where I could just reinstall OneCare to my existing computer subscription, but felt I was caught in a loop, and was shocked there wasn't that offer to reinstall existing service.  How do I get the demo OneCare integrated with my subscription?
    Saturday, April 26, 2008 12:36 PM

Answers

• Your One Care subscription is linked to your Live ID. Open One Care, select"Activate" or "Subscribe" when prompted to enter a Live ID use the Live ID and password used to originally subscribe. One Care will recognize you have an existing account and activate. The option you were looking for to reinstall One Care is on the Member Accounts page of the One Care website - http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-us/members/default.htm

Saturday, April 26, 2008 9:23 PM