none
About Microsoft Fan Club RRS feed

• Question

• Hi! I wanted to learn if somebody know about this website microsoft fan

I saw a campaign on homepage and they say, we'll give awards to members... Is somebody registered there? Is it true?

Thanks! :)
    Friday, August 27, 2010 7:22 PM

Answers

• Hmm ... no idea about that. ww.nic.com says, that it is registered to Microsoft Fan Club with no address given (Something that I love with .de domains - there you MUST HAVE real information inside!).

So at least I do not trust in it. 3 Members get a simple reward. Ok a License of windows 7 is nice, but home edition? What do I want with a home edition license?

And what do oyu have to do to get points? Write a lot of stuff about microsoft articles? A lot of work for a small chance to get something?

So at least nothing for me.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Friday, August 27, 2010 7:49 PM
    Answerer
  •  It definitely does not look Microsoft supported. They do seem to have
    placed a lot of effort in appearing to be supported by Microsoft, but I
    would definitely not give them any personal information. They also seem
    to have copied verbatim some of the content from Microsoft as well...

-- Mike Burr
    • Proposed as answer by GrumpyBum Monday, August 30, 2010 11:32 AM
    • Marked as answer by Rubel KhanModerator Sunday, September 26, 2010 4:56 AM
    Saturday, August 28, 2010 7:32 PM
  • Nope, i've never heard of that site. I took a look and i think is some sort of regional site focused on turkish and russian people. It could well be one big fake site which just wants you to register. Prices are always a easy object for registering. Although it looks like a website i think it's actually a sharepoint environment. Do some searchin on this site using searchengines and there'sot a lot of info on this site. So it's up to the reader to believe what they want to believe.

I'll pass this one and stick to this site which i'm a fan of ;-)

Maurice

Friday, August 27, 2010 9:40 PM

All replies

• Hmm ... no idea about that. ww.nic.com says, that it is registered to Microsoft Fan Club with no address given (Something that I love with .de domains - there you MUST HAVE real information inside!).

So at least I do not trust in it. 3 Members get a simple reward. Ok a License of windows 7 is nice, but home edition? What do I want with a home edition license?

And what do oyu have to do to get points? Write a lot of stuff about microsoft articles? A lot of work for a small chance to get something?

So at least nothing for me.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Friday, August 27, 2010 7:49 PM
    Answerer
  • Nope, i've never heard of that site. I took a look and i think is some sort of regional site focused on turkish and russian people. It could well be one big fake site which just wants you to register. Prices are always a easy object for registering. Although it looks like a website i think it's actually a sharepoint environment. Do some searchin on this site using searchengines and there'sot a lot of info on this site. So it's up to the reader to believe what they want to believe.

I'll pass this one and stick to this site which i'm a fan of ;-)

Maurice

Friday, August 27, 2010 9:40 PM
  •  It definitely does not look Microsoft supported. They do seem to have
    placed a lot of effort in appearing to be supported by Microsoft, but I
    would definitely not give them any personal information. They also seem
    to have copied verbatim some of the content from Microsoft as well...

-- Mike Burr
    • Proposed as answer by GrumpyBum Monday, August 30, 2010 11:32 AM
    • Marked as answer by Rubel KhanModerator Sunday, September 26, 2010 4:56 AM
    Saturday, August 28, 2010 7:32 PM