2011 - Async Service not processing jobs RRS feed

• Question

• I'm running into an issue where the async service doesn't appear to be processing/completing jobs. I'm running a multitenant environment (ISV, so couple hundred orgs).

The behavior is kind of odd though, everytime I restart the async service it seems to pick up a batch of jobs, process them, completes the work, but doesn't mark the job as finished. This causes it to not go through and pick up the next batch of jobs. 

I can't see any errors in the trace logs, we have almost very few async plugins. No workflows, however some clients have created their own workflows, but they aren't being processed.

I have tried clearing out all not completed jobs from the async table (excluding recurring system jobs) in every org (so basically nothing is in the queue to be run) then restarted the async service, and still have the same problem. This rules out a wonky job created by us.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've been banging my head against the wall for a few days on this now.

Thank you in advance for your help. If you think you may be able to help with any of my unanswered threads please look at them here
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 5:31 PM

Answers

• It appears to have been a problem with a job stuck in one of the orgs. Deleted all queued async jobs (non-recurring, non-system) from all the dbs and it cleared up.
    Thank you in advance for your help. If you think you may be able to help with any of my unanswered threads please look at them here
    Tuesday, November 1, 2011 8:19 PM

All replies