CRM 2011: URL for button that creates a new instance of a custom entity RRS feed

• Question

• Hey everyone!

I have just started playing around with CRM 2011 and wanted to add a button to the ribbon which creates a new instance of a custom entity I created.

However I can't figure out what URL I need to use. In CRM 4 it was /userdefined/edit.aspx?etc=10001 to create a new instance of the first custom entity (not 100% sure). Can anyone please tell me the equivalent of this URL for CRM 2011?

Furthermore I tried adding another URL to the sitemap but I couldn't upload my solution because of the = in the URL. I tried encoding it using %3D but that didn't work either. Any idea what I could try?

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 3:37 PM

Answers

All replies

• The SDK has a page for this: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg328483.aspx

Also, your CRM 4 URL is deployment-specific (if you exported customizations and imported to a new org, the etc might change). Use /UserDefined/edit.aspx?etn=<entity name>

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 5:26 PM
  • Thanks Chris, got it working now.

The problem with the = that wouldn't let me import my solution was that I had "&" instead of "&amp;" in the URL.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 7:31 AM