Windows Home Server Console and Apple Airport Extreme RRS feed

• Question

• I have just purchased an Apple Airport Extreme Gigabit 802 11n router. Everything on my network works as it should. I can browse my Windows Home Server through my Network Connections in My Network Places on my attached PCs, but when I try to connect with Windows Home Server Console, I get an error that it cannot connect. The Home Server is also unable to backup any of my connected computers anymore. I'm assuming it is a firewall issue on the router, (since I had a Netgear router, and it worked perfectly) but I cannot seem to figure out how to set it up correctly.

Any advice would be appreciated. I'm a novice when it comes to networking so any simple step by step instructions would be great.
    Monday, March 2, 2009 1:00 AM

All replies

• Are any of your home computers connected wirelessly? I don't have an Airport, but I know that some routers that support both wired and wireless connections put those connections on separate subnets. In that environment you might be able to browse shares, but because Windows Home Server doesn't support that network configuration, you would find that backups and the console would not work.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Monday, March 2, 2009 9:33 PM