Audio Codes MP-114/2FXS/2FXO RRS feed

• Question

• If my research is correct then the Audio Codes  MP-114/2FXS/2FXO  (http://www.888voipstore.com/audiocodes-mp-114-2fxs-2fxo-pr-17128.html) will allow me to hook up a standard POTS analog line to it and allow my OCS Speech Server application to handle calls.

Before I invest the money I want to make sure that this will work. I see reverences to using it as a SIP gateway bwteeen a PBX and Speech Server but I need to know for sure if it will work with a regular old home analog line. (I'm not rich you know so I have to spend wisely).

Friday, July 20, 2007 7:28 PM

Answers

• Hi Marshall,

The AudioCodes MP-114 will work with OCS and will allow you to connect a regular phone line to it. This is actually the setup we used in the OCS Ignite tour exactly.

Monday, July 23, 2007 9:09 PM

All replies

• Hi Marshall,

The AudioCodes MP-114 will work with OCS and will allow you to connect a regular phone line to it. This is actually the setup we used in the OCS Ignite tour exactly.

Monday, July 23, 2007 9:09 PM
  • Thanks.

I thought it would work and I couldn't remember exactly what we used at the Ignite (I was at the one in SF). I really wanted to be sure before making the purchase.

Monday, July 23, 2007 9:46 PM
  • Would you be willing to share the AudioCodes' configuration ini that was used on the ignite tour so that we can get our own lab integration working with the OCS Public Beta?  Its been extremely difficult getting any real information on doing this as even AudioCodes has not released their configuration guide for OCS as of yet. 

We presently have the MP114/2FXS/2FXO working in our labs with Exchange 2007UM and would like to integrate it with OCS allowing for Communicator to PSTN calls and vice versa.

Regards,

Dino

Wednesday, July 25, 2007 3:17 PM
  • They were already setup when we arrived.

I'll look at my CDs and the course material to see if I have any information or configs.

My equipment should be in  in the next two weeks and once I start setting things up I'll blog my experience.

Wednesday, July 25, 2007 3:40 PM
  • If you send an email to ocs.forums@wadeware.net I can zip up the working INI file we used in the Ignite tour and send it to you.

Thursday, July 26, 2007 4:47 AM
  • Thanks Thom.

I sent you the email.

Thursday, July 26, 2007 12:53 PM
  • Thom, the email bounced back as undeliverable.

Thursday, July 26, 2007 1:08 PM
  • I typed it incorrectly, it is ocs.support@wadeware.net

Thursday, July 26, 2007 4:46 PM
  •  

Hi Dino,

I am very interested in getting the UM working with Exchange 2007 and OCS 2007. I have a lot of experience in working with MS products but my telecoms skills are practically zero apart from what I have been reading over the last two weeking. FXO and FXS is confusing the hell out of me L. Anyway I would most appreciate if you could help me in anyway. I would firstly like to get Exchange UM working.

On site we have an Exchange 2007 server, Meridian 1 - Option 11 and Audiocodes MP-114. The MP-114 has just 4 x FXS ports , no FXO ports. Are these all the ingredients that I need? Or should we have bought the MP-114 with FXO ports also? Looking on the Internet it looks like the Audiocodes box might not be compatible with our switch?

On the pbx we have four available analog lines, are these suppose to be connected to the FXS port or should they be connected to FXO port.

Thanks for your time Dino

Patrick Yore

Monday, August 20, 2007 3:55 PM
  • Hi Patrick,

You will need a gateway that has FXO ports. FXO ports are used to connect one PBX to another, or to a telco's central Office (that's the O in FXO). FXS ports connect you to Stations (phones, faxes, modems) thats the S in FXS.

Unfortuately if your gateway has no FXO ports, you aren't going to be able to connect it to the Meridian.

If you have 4 open analog lines on the PBX, make sure that they are trunk (or FXO) rather than station (or FXS). If they are trunk ports then you can connect them to the FXO ports on a the MP-114 that has 2 FXOs.

AudioCodes has some good docs on their site for getting the Exchange to MP-114 integration working.

Regards,

Matt

Saturday, September 1, 2007 2:09 AM