Get Opportunity Close reason RRS feed

• Question

• On our CRM system, we send an email out when an Opportunity is won/lost. I've been asked to change the email so that when one is lost, the reason is sent in the email. I thought this would be straight forward but have had no luck at all. I know that the Opportunity Lost reason is stored in Description and that the entity it's in is Activities - I just can't get access to it in the workflow.

I can understand that using a workflow where the primary entity is Opportunity probably won't work because the Opportunity Lost reason is an Activity, hence there's going to be a one-to-many relationship between Opportunity and Activity - as I only want one of these records to be returned, I know you can't do in workflows.

What I then thought was to run the workflow when the Activity is created, then check to see if it's an Opportunity Close record and, if it is, fire the process from here getting all the information I needed from Opportunity - which will be a parent record. But I can't seem to work out which entity to put the workflow against. There's not a single Activity entity in there, but all the sub-types are there. Does anyone have a clue as to how I can do this?

Monday, March 18, 2013 4:23 PM

Answers