Custom WorkFlow for optionset field RRS feed

• Question

• I have read some of the posts related to Custom Workflow.

Can somebody please help me writing the custom workflow.

I need to Autopopulate one optionset field's value for every new creation of record.

For Every new record the value will populate more than one of the existing value.(If previous record value is 5 next new record value will 6)

What are the input and output parameters I have to pass and what logic I have to write?

Can somebody please help me?

Monday, November 19, 2012 12:51 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You can refer following link

http://mahenderpal.wordpress.com/2012/08/26/step-by-step-creating-custom-workflow-in-microsoft-crm-2011/

http://mahenderpal.wordpress.com/category/ms-crm-2011/step-by-step-ms-crm-2011/

Monday, November 19, 2012 1:26 PM
  • I would add one thing here.  From your description it sounds like you are implementing some auto-numbering operation.  While I am not familiar with exactly what you are trying to accomplish, you may want to consider that OptionSet fields are meant for basically static (enum type) values.  Dynamically generating such values typically causes problems in your application, since it is best if static values are known at compile time.
    Monday, November 19, 2012 2:00 PM
  • Thank you JBlaske for reply,

Actually what you told is right,but I have such type of requirement.

Can you please show me the way to solution?

• Proposed as answer by Ankit K Jain Tuesday, November 20, 2012 5:37 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Ankit K Jain Tuesday, November 20, 2012 5:37 AM
    Tuesday, November 20, 2012 4:18 AM
  • Hi,

there is no need of input and output parameters, It will be just a simple .Net Code.

What you have to do is create a custom assembly, and then just simply reterive the value of that optionsetvalue and simply add 1 in that value and update the optionset value with the calculated value,

as we do in plugin same logic will be there.

Thanks

Ankit

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 5:45 AM