I don't want microsoft to make a profile for me, how do I get it removed RRS feed

• Question

• Recently I stumble upon a academic profile of me put up on the Microsoft Academic Search site. I had no idea such a site existed so evidently I didn't ask for such profile to be created. They took a photo from my personal website to put it there and tried to make a list of my publication and co-authors. They got it all wrong: missing publications, citations or co-author list. Plus I never authorized them to post a picture of me. I find it ethically very questionable. I do not have time to check and try to fix that profile and I would want it removed. How do I do that?

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 6:59 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We understand your frustration and we are happy to assist you. The information in Academic Search is based on the tens of millions of scholarly articles currently discoverable within Academic Search and other publicly available information on the web. As more content gets indexed, accuracy and completeness will continue to improve. At your convenience, please send us your name and any author profile edits to acadfb@microsoft.com and our team of editors would be happy to update your author profile on your behalf.

If there's any other support we can provide, please let us know.

Best regards,

Thomas, Academic Search Editor

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 5:39 PM
  • How about photos. It's incredible that you allow yourselves to just take the photos from personal website to put it on yours.

I am not sure of the legality of it, and it is definitely ethically wrong.What do you answer to that?

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 6:43 PM