LOCKED OUT OF MY OWN ACCOUNT. MICROSOFT IS PREVENTING ME FROM EARNING A PAYCHECK RRS feed

• Question

• I am in disbelief as I write this.  I suddenly have been locked out of my own Microsoft account that I was just able to log into yesterday, using the same password I have had for YEARS.  I have tried technical support twice now and am told I will now need to wait up to 30 days to be able to access my account because the only way I can gain immediate access is to have access to a phone number I registered with almost 10 years ago.  All of my work is stored on my computer and I am an independent contractor which now means that on top of Covid cutting into my hours, Microsoft is now preventing me from earning a paycheck for up to 30 days.  Anyone have any advice for me that will help me access my account sooner?  
    Thursday, June 25, 2020 9:51 PM

Answers

• You've asked in forum that supports the forums application itself. Try using the Open Get Help app here, do the microsoft bot dance and you'll eventually get to chat with microsoft account support.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/  

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

• Proposed as answer by Guido Franzke Friday, June 26, 2020 5:46 AM
    • Marked as answer by Guido Franzke Friday, July 3, 2020 7:38 AM
    Thursday, June 25, 2020 10:11 PM