Retrieve extenal data in CRM 2013 Online RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need to show a table from external data source to CRM 2013 online.  It is required not to create new entity in CRM for this external table, not to save any external data in CRM database,  Just to show data on the fly. What is the best approach?

Monday, January 5, 2015 2:53 PM

All replies

• Displaying with a HTML/JavaScript or Silverlight web resource would be the way to go. Ideally there would be some sort of API/web service to get the data out. Otherwise a web page hosted outside of CRM could potentially be displayed via a iFrame inside of CRM.

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Monday, January 5, 2015 5:33 PM
  • Hi, Jason-

Thanks for your quick response.  Because this is an Online CRM, iFrame is not an option.

I have tried to use HTML/JavaScript webresource and call external data API.  However, there was cross-domain issue. The API call wasn't successful.

Is there a server-side approach, such as plugin?

Monday, January 5, 2015 7:29 PM
  • Hi,

There is way to call external services. 

this article should help you.

Thanks,

Sreeni Pavalla

Tuesday, January 6, 2015 6:10 AM
  • Hi, Sreeni-

Thanks for providing possible solutions to solve cross-domain issue.  In the article you provided, it says two options:

1). JSONP
    2). XDomainRequest (Cross Domain Request)

I saw sample code using JSONP, however, I do not see sample code or discussion about XDomainRequest.  Do you have further information about XDomainRequest approach?  Thanks.

Tuesday, January 6, 2015 7:19 PM