Can't print wirelessly with Live One Care turned on RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have Live One Care installed on my laptop.  I am also connected wirelessly to my printer.  when Live One care is on, I cannot print wirelessly.  When I turn it off,  I am able to print.  Any help???????
    Thursday, February 21, 2008 4:27 PM

Answers

All replies

• Can you provide more information about the printer?

Is it attached to another PC on the network and shared or is it attached to a print server on the network? Is the print server wired or wireless, if it is a server, and what is the make and model?

In OneCare, click change settings and click configure network on the firewall tab. Is your network shown as "Home or Work?" If not, click change network to make that the choice.

On the advanced option for the firewall, click on ports and protocols and place a check mark on both of the selections for File and Printer Sharing.

-steve

Friday, February 22, 2008 1:27 AM
  • The printer, a Canon MP470, is attached to the print server Linksys Mod# WPSM54G. the print server is wireless. 

I have my OneCare firewall tab set to Home or Work.

And I do have file and printer sharing selected....................

Also, I might mention that I have another laptop with LiveOne care that I can use to print wirelessly through my setup

Saturday, February 23, 2008 8:33 PM
  • Have a look at Jackie Miller's solution for that Print Server in this thread - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2645747&SiteID=2

-steve
    Monday, February 25, 2008 1:18 AM