Microsoft Office Starter that came with the lap top refuses to install RRS feed

• Question

• I want to use Microsoft Office Starter that came with my laptop. (I am out of the warranty now and Hewlett Packard said I will have to pay them to give me advise)

I have tried to download it - but when I use the Microsoft Office Click to Start it begins at stage 1 and then seems to skip to stage 4 and then says it cannot

I tried to then uninstall the Office "click to start" - but it refuses to uninstall - gets to 6% and then stops.

I tried to use the Microsoft "Fix It" - but when I say I want it to uninstall - it gives a list of the programmes and features on my laptop - but only Microsoft Office 2010 is listed - but not the next on the list which is the "Microsoft Click to start" -

I ticked the "not listed" option and then "Fix It" asked for a some long software number - which "click and start" does not have

I then tried it a different way and asked "Fix It" to check the actual Office 2010 - but it detected no problems

What to do now - cannot get office click to start removed so that I can try and download it again

I tried another website to download Office Starter - but again it couldn't do it

Any Ideas?

Thank you

Loveday

Friday, May 17, 2013 2:31 PM