Submitting SOA job using the EchoService sample application RRS feed

• Question

• I am following the EchoService sample app from the "Overview of the SOA Programming Model..." guide, and am experiencing some trouble.

In the EchoClient app, I get to the line

using (Session session = Session.CreateSession(info))

and see the "EchoService -WCF Service" and "EchoService - WCF Service - Broker" jobs in the Job Management panel of the Cluster Manager. They are in the Running state at 0% progress.

In the EchoClient app, I never get to the

Console.WriteLine("Session's Endpoint Reference:{0}", session.EndpointReference.ToString());

line and see no output from the jobs either.

Possibly related, in the Diagnostics panel of the Cluster Manager, I don't see the SOA Latency or SOA Service Configuration diagnostic tests. Does this mean the SOA-related components of the Windows HPC Server weren't installed?

As an aside, I think that the example EchoService.config file is wrong for the sample app. Everywhere in the file where there is EchoSvcLib, shouldn't it read EchoService? And IEchoSvc should be IEchoService?

Thanks,
    Derek Kivi
    Monday, February 1, 2010 10:38 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The sample code you downloaded is used for HPC Server 2008, not the R2 cluster. Also, which version of client you are using? It seems that you are using a HPC Server 2008 Client? (Not the R2 one?)

You can download the latest sample code for R2 on connect site. And you need to make sure you installed R2 client on your client machine.

Yiding
    Wednesday, February 3, 2010 6:45 AM

All replies

• Before I go into guess mode, can you tell me which version of HPC you are using? HPC Server 2008 or R2? And the client version?

SOA Model Latency & Service Configuration is installed by default on HPC Server 2008 (as other SOA-related components) by default.
    Tuesday, February 2, 2010 5:37 AM
  • And btw, where did you download the sample code?
    Tuesday, February 2, 2010 5:39 AM
  • Thanks for the quick reply!

I am using HPC Server 2008 R2. The client version is using the Microsoft HPC Pack 2008 R2.

I am using the sample client and server Echo application as described on pages 7-13 of the "Overview of SOA Programming Model and Runtime System for Windows HPC Server 2008 " document from http://www.microsoft.com/hpc/en/us/white-papers.aspx.

Derek
    Tuesday, February 2, 2010 5:43 PM
  • Hi,

The sample code you downloaded is used for HPC Server 2008, not the R2 cluster. Also, which version of client you are using? It seems that you are using a HPC Server 2008 Client? (Not the R2 one?)

You can download the latest sample code for R2 on connect site. And you need to make sure you installed R2 client on your client machine.

Yiding
    Wednesday, February 3, 2010 6:45 AM