Field Security permission for team RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a form where i have enabled field security for field called registrationdate.

What i want to do with this field is only the members of HOD team should update this field .others can only read and create. How to acheive this

I have created a field security profile and a Team named HOD and assigned field permission to read/write and update .

In this case, that field is disabled for everybody.

I have modified the permission to update for HOD.in that case HOD could not able to create/Read.

I want HOD can read/write and update but others could only read and create.

Any help on how to acheive this.?

Thank you.

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 5:45 AM

All replies

• Create a team, let's say field level Security Profile for yourcutomfieldname, and add all the members whom you don't want to give update permission, and then configure permission and allow read and create only. so these members will be able to just read and create other team where add all other remaining users from HOD team and provide all permissions .

Our Website| Our Blog | Follow US | My Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 8:18 AM
  • Thanks Mahendar,

I have tried creating 2 teams under same fieldsecurityProfile but teo teams inherits same permission.

Should i create 2 fieldsecurity profile? one for HOD and one for USER.

Is it not possible by just having 2 teams under same field securityprofile?

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 10:21 AM
  • No, you need to setup two security profiles.

Our Website| Our Blog | Follow US | My Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 12:58 PM