Urgent---Multi line Text box disturbing form layout RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have created a multi line field in which I have entered the text it is disturbing all the form layout. now I need a scroll bar should be visible after some characters so that it wont disturb the layout.

Please help me how to solve this

Friday, May 2, 2014 5:48 AM

Answers

• Hello;

May I ask what version of CRM you are using? 

Is the field a Multiple Lines of text with the IME Mode auto? In the formatting of the field on the form; there's the option to select the row layout and specifyhow many rows you'd like. Do you have the Automatically expand to use the available space? 

Please post some additional details so we can help you!

Jason Cosman

Thursday, May 15, 2014 2:33 PM

All replies

• Hello;

May I ask what version of CRM you are using? 

Is the field a Multiple Lines of text with the IME Mode auto? In the formatting of the field on the form; there's the option to select the row layout and specifyhow many rows you'd like. Do you have the Automatically expand to use the available space? 

Please post some additional details so we can help you!

Jason Cosman

Thursday, May 15, 2014 2:33 PM
  • It isn't a supported solution I don't think (however, this is following the same format as I was using in CRM 4 and it has carried through the versions without any issues.)

However, you can make it stay the size it is supposed to be and scroll when not activated by the below.

Our field was called caltech_comments.

OnLoad

var fn1 = "caltech_comments";
    var r1 = document.getElementById(fn1).parentNode.parentNode.rowSpan * 24;
    var r2 = r1 + "px";
    document.getElementById(fn1).style.maxHeight = r2;
    document.getElementById(fn1).style.overflow = "auto";

OnChange; pass the name of the field as a string through

function Commentslock(fn1)
    {
    var r1 = document.getElementById(fn1).parentNode.parentNode.rowSpan * 24;
    var r2 = r1 + "px";
    document.getElementById(fn1).style.maxHeight = r2;
    document.getElementById(fn1).style.overflow = "auto";
    var fn2 = fn1 + "_i";
    if (typeof document.getElementById(fn2) != "undefined") {document.getElementById(fn2).parentNode.style.overflow = "hidden";}
    }

The one downside I've noticed is that there will be 2 vertical scrollbars in the multiline field until it has been changed. This doesn't affect us as most of our multiline fields are read only and added to via input from a single line text field. The second scrollbar is not visible unless you scroll horizontally however.

Thursday, July 7, 2016 10:23 AM