Help. Urgent Error I Can't Fix!!!! RRS feed

• Question

• I started my computer tonight after I got home and suddenly my OneCare Status was Urgent!  I don't know what to do because I can only click one box.  This box takes me to the Microsoft Help online page... What do I do here?  I can't find anything that matches this problem.  The description of what's wrong with OneCare is that "OneCare has encountered a problem and might not be protecting your PC."  Oh, well no S#%*  Sherlock!  Can someone help me!?!?!?!? What do I do?
    Saturday, January 17, 2009 5:55 AM

Answers

• First check to see if the time, date, and time zone are all set correctly, since incorrect time information is the most common cause of this action-to-take message. If not, make the corrections and reboot.

If this doesn’t work, or doesn’t apply, then follow these instructions from the Online Help Center to reset the permissions on the OneCare Database folder (linking doesn’t work):

In Windows XP, click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then press ENTER.  –or-

In Windows Vista, click Start, click in the Start Search box, and then type command prompt. Under Programs, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.

Type Cacls "%programfiles%\Microsoft Windows OneCare Live" /T /G administrators:F, and then press ENTER

Type Y when you're prompted, and then press ENTER.

To restart OneCare, type net stop winss, and then type net start winss.

If the issue persists, then please contact OneCare Support: http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

GreginMich

Saturday, January 17, 2009 10:21 PM