Import CSV file into CRM 4 using DMM RRS feed

• Question

• I'm running an import into the CRM using DMM and I keep getting a few errors which I'm trying to resolve.

1. I'm confused as to how I go about adding a lookup reference to a Contact I'm associating my import against. I've read that you may have to enclose the GUID within curly brackets {} but I'm not sure if this is for the Import Wizard and not the DMM - can anyone advise?
    2. I'm also having some problems importing email addresses into the Contact record and keep getting a "The source data is not in the required format" error even tho the format looks perfectly fine to me. Is there something special I need to do since the email address contacts a 'special' character?

Thanx for any advise.

Thursday, April 22, 2010 12:39 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

1.You can use this association with DMM.
    2. If your email is attached to a contact or user who haven't a coorect email adress you will have this response.
    Best Regards, Lassaad
    Thursday, April 22, 2010 12:45 PM
  • Thanx for this. So if I'm getting you correct then if I use something like: "User: {02044710-a560-de11-93c9-0019b9c0e729}" would be a lookup to the User entity for the GUID. Do I need to put it into this format for use with DMM?

The Contact is a new import I'm performing so the email addressws have all been validated by me and are correct. The import just doesn't seem to like any email addresses that I have in the email field.

Thursday, April 22, 2010 1:39 PM
  • Okay so I now know that I don;t use the "User: {02044710-a560-de11-93c9-0019b9c0e729}" method within DMM but I'm still having some problems with the email addresses. Can anyone please inform me if I need to wrap the email addresses in some way for them to be accepted by the data migration?

Thanx again

Friday, April 23, 2010 7:28 AM
  • Hi,

I suggest you to see this video :

http://channel9.msdn.com/posts/jodonnell/Microsoft-Dynamics-CRM-40--Data-Migration-Manager-with-John-ODonnell/

You will see explanation how to import data.

Do not use GIUD {02044710-a560-de11-93c9-0019b9c0e729}. Instead of guid use user Domain name.

best regards

Sunday, April 25, 2010 6:26 AM