none
IIS Server 8.5 failing on Windows Authentication RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All

The MVC application seem to work when it is running in Visual Studio professional 2013. When this application is deployed in IIS server 8.5 there is infinite redirection until it breaks on longer than expected querystring. The redirection is /Accounts/Login appended with RedirectUrl.

The applicatioHost.config from

<configuration>

<location path="Default Web Site/myapp">

<system.webServer>

<security>

<authentication>

<anonymousAuthentication enabled="false" username="" />

<windowsAuthentication enabled="true" useKernelMode="true">

<extendedProtection tokenChecking="Allow" />

<providers>

<clear />

<add value="NTLM" />

<add value="Negotiate" />

</providers>

</windowsAuthentication>

</authentication>

</security>

</system.webServer>

</location>

</configuration>

I don't think the problem is with query string and it is the symptom on redirection due to failed authentication. Searched many forums and tried all options "runAllManagedModulesForAllRequests="true" also did not work by configuring in web.config.

Also in my web.config

<system.web>

<authentication mode="Windows" >

<forms cookieless="UseCookies" />

</authentication>

</system.web>

Any help in making Windows authentication successfully? Thanks in advance.

lb55

• Moved by 宝宝徐 Tuesday, November 21, 2017 5:40 AM
    Saturday, November 11, 2017 10:20 PM

Answers

• Thanks for providing link to IIS forum. This issue is closed on our end. There is no issue with IIS 8.5 windows auth. I deployed mvc with intranet template and enabled options as recommended the application worked like charm. -lb55

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 3:01 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

Please go to Microsoft IIS forum or Microsoft asp.net mvc forum to open a new thread where you will get more professional support about asp.net mvc and IIS problems. If you have problems about installing .net framework, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 13, 2017 6:46 AM
  • Thanks for providing link to IIS forum. This issue is closed on our end. There is no issue with IIS 8.5 windows auth. I deployed mvc with intranet template and enabled options as recommended the application worked like charm. -lb55

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 3:01 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for sharing the solution here, please mark your reply as an answer which will be helpful for those who has the similar issue with you. Thank you for understanding.

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by lb55 Sunday, November 26, 2017 12:28 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by lb55 Sunday, November 26, 2017 12:28 AM
    Wednesday, November 15, 2017 8:03 AM