none
Failed to Call System.Activator.CreateInstace() 8000FFFF Catastrophic Failure RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Experts,

Kindly need your help or guidance.

I have error when run a VSTO Excel add-in as standard user. But it works fine if I run Excel as administrator. The error message, 

"System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: 'Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {2C6D3CA1-2350-101B-AE3A-0040332013F0} failed due to the following error: 8000ffff Catastrophic failure (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8000FFFF (E_UNEXPECTED)).'

"

The issue is, it is not allowed to run any program as Administrator on the location where I will implement this Excel add-in.

Any suggestion or guidance will be appreciated.

Thank you

Sunday, January 5, 2020 7:12 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for posting here.

This forum is for discuss General Windows Desktop Development Issues, but your question is close to VSTO or excel development.

I will redirect your case to get better support.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Drake

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 6, 2020 8:00 AM
  • Monday, January 6, 2020 8:08 AM