none
How to check CPU usage on HP EX490? RRS feed

• Question

• I just purchased an HP EX490 Home Server which I have installed into the network and have running.  It appears to be a bit sluggish, and I was hoping to check the CPU usage as I have read other threads indicating that this could be a potential problem with this server.  Problem is, I can't figure out how to access this information!  The Home Server Console doesn't appear to display this information in any place... I found CPU temps, and fan speed, but I can't get more than that.

Is it possible to access a Task Manager type of utility to see what the server is doing?

Thanks,

Kent
    Friday, November 20, 2009 5:10 PM

All replies

• If you get into the WHS desktop (this is unsupported), you can install any program you want. Speedfan and other such monitoring tools
    Friday, November 20, 2009 7:30 PM
  • I just purchased an HP EX490 Home Server which I have installed into the network and have running.  It appears to be a bit sluggish, and I was hoping to check the CPU usage as I have read other threads indicating that this could be a potential problem with this server.  Problem is, I can't figure out how to access this information!  The Home Server Console doesn't appear to display this information in any place... I found CPU temps, and fan speed, but I can't get more than that.

Is it possible to access a Task Manager type of utility to see what the server is doing?

Thanks,

Kent

As Evaders99 said, you can logon to the server desktop through a Remote Desktop Connection (by using Administrator for the username and the server password for the password).  Also, as Evaders99 said, logging into the server desktop is unsupported, but if you only look at various parts (such as Task Manager), it's harmless.
    Friday, November 20, 2009 8:34 PM