Cannot Install my Complimentary Subscription RRS feed

• Question

• I have complimentary subscription and wanted to activate it as my current subscription expires in 8 days. I logged into Live, went to the url on the little blue/green card (onecare.live.com/activate), clicked "Activate your product key now", clicked the "Go" button on the next screen and then see the "No available plans We're sorry; there are no plans available." page with a continue button that dumps me back to the main onecare page. How do I activate my complimentary subscription? Do I need to let my current subscription expire (or cancel it) first before activating my new subscription?
    • Edited by Brent Serbus Saturday, July 25, 2009 6:00 PM removed broken signature
    Saturday, July 25, 2009 6:00 PM

Answers

• Product keys are no longer being accepted for renewals. You will have to create a new account in order to be able to use the product key. To use your product key uninstall One Care and install the One Care trial - http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-us/install/install.htm  To activate open One Care, select "Subscribe" and when asked for a Live ID create a new Live ID or use an existing Live ID that was not associated with your previous One Care subscription. Follow the prompts to set up a new account and you will be offered the option of using a product key as a method of payment.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Saturday, July 25, 2009 8:07 PM